BURLINGTON, Mass., – October 5, 2017 – Nuance Communications, Inc. today announced that Nina, its enterprise-grade virtual assistant, has added a series of award wins to its growing list of industry accolades. Nina was awarded Best Intelligent Assistant Innovation at The AI Summit and was recognized for two standout customer deployments at the Opus Research Intelligent Assistants Conference. These recent acknowledgements showcase Nina’s leadership in powering virtual assistants for leading brands globally, across industries, through conversational and cognitive AI.
Launched in 2012, Nina was the first virtual assistant for customer service – to span speech and text capabilities across web and mobile channels. Nina serves as a central AI-powered “cognitive brain” that can be developed once and then deployed across virtually any channel consumers use to engage with brands – phone, mobile app, messaging apps (i.e. Facebook Messenger, WeChat, etc.), SMS/text, and IoT devices such as those powered by Amazon Alexa.
These recent award wins are a testament to the continued evolvement of Nina into what is today the most sophisticated virtual assistant in the market:
- Nuance Nina named Best Intelligent Assistant Innovation during September 27 AIconics Awards ceremony at The AI Summit, the world’s largest conference to showcase AI solutions that are transforming organizations. The AIconics Awards are the only independently-judged awards that celebrate AI for businesses and Nuance Nina was selected as part of a competitive analysis of more than 300 entries.
- Nuance Nina and customers win Intelligent Assistant Awards during September 18 ceremony at the Opus Research IA Conference. Nuance was honored alongside customers FedEx and IP Australia, with partner Datacom, for delivering notable customer experiences through natural language understanding, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. The Opus Research Intelligent Assistant Awards recognize leading brands who are utilizing virtual assistants to redefine digital commerce and customer care.
- These recent wins come on the heels of Nuance Nina gaining recognition from leading global research firms including being ranked #1 among virtual assistant vendors in Forrester’s Chatbot Vendor Ranking* and receiving the highest combined rating among virtual assistant vendors in Opus Research’s “Decision Makers’ Guide to Enterprise Intelligent Assistants.”*
“We are laser focused on delivering innovative solutions for the world’s most forward-thinking brands to engage their customers anytime, anywhere, and through any channel,” said Robert Weideman, general manager and executive vice president, Enterprise Division, Nuance. “We are thrilled to once again be recognized for our pioneering work in developing AI-powered virtual assistants, these awards serve as testimony to Nina’s leadership and value.”
There are over 6,500 enterprises using Nuance’s self-service technologies, processing an estimated 14 billion transactions each year. Nuance is the only vendor to combine the tooling, intelligence and analytics of natural language processing (NLP) and cognitive technologies in a single platform, as well as providing integrated security, through advanced biometrics to deliver automated and assisted solutions specifically targeted to Enterprise needs.
For more information about Nuance’s Nina, please visit here.
* The Top 10 Chatbots For Enterprise Customer Service, Forrester Research, Inc., June 29, 2017
* Opus Research “Decision Makers’ Guide to Enterprise Intelligent Assistants” by Dan Miller, Derek Top, and Amy Stapleton, February 2017.
About Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) is a pioneer and a leader in conversational and cognitive AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that can understand, analyze and respond to human language to increase productivity and amplify human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in global industries that include healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, and retail – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers and workforce. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.
Trademark reference: Nuance and the Nuance logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
Nuance Communications, Inc.